http://hacell.com/, buy cheap xanax online no prescription, online sources bibliography, descriptive data analysis pdf

Sign In

Remember Me

What were you before?

Welcome to UK Bloggers Forums The Retreat What were you before?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elizabeth Williams Elizabeth Williams 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jo Bryan
    Jo Bryan

So being extremely nosy and a comment on the UKB Facebook page from Ness about her career before blogging, got me to wondering, what you were pre blogging, what career or jobs have you done if any?  I say this as some bloggers are still at uni or full time mums, if so what are you planning to do/be? , but a few of you have had careers that may not ever get mentioned on your blogs or in groups.

I suppose I need to add mine to start.

I have worked in car insurance, been an advisor for people needing help with benefits, tax and practical assistance. I qualified to be a counsellor, I have been a mystery shopper, full time for 11 years, part-time when I had the children. I think that career along with being an auditor in stores checking service and reviewing staff,  store layout and displays, led to me reviewing on my blog 4 years ago.

Co- Founder of UK Bloggers

Profile photo of Sarah Bailey
    Sarah Bailey
    Keymaster

I was a lazy bum… Wait I still am…. :whistle:

I had found out I have fibro and I felt like life just wasn’t worth it anymore, I had fought so hard again the mental health and DV I just felt like the fibro was too much and wouldn’t even get off the sofa to make tea 1/2 the time 😥 and you all know how much I LOVE tea.

Anyway after reading lots of zamazing blogs like Jo’s :heart: I decided to make a place where I could record one good memory a day – and there Life in a Break Down was born as I was basically in a breakdown at the time.

These days I still can’t do much but I’m doing as much as I can and LIABD blows my mind a little to the fact people read it :unsure:

Life in a Break Down

Owner of UK Bloggers.

Profile photo of Laura
    Laura
    Participant

I finished uni in 2007 – Had various office type jobs for three months or so  at a time, got signed off from stress from each of them. Got a job to work with Orange retail which wasn’t awful but I was also pregnant s othat ended in stress too. Never went back after my son was  born. He’s starting school in sept and I should be thinking about work but it scares me a lot.

Like Sarah, I have fibro, it wasn’t As bad before I had my son which is why I could work but I am very scared of work now as it’ll destroy me…. so we’ll see what I do.

I don’t earn owt from blogging at the mo but it’d be life changing if I could. Also want to get some freelance writing and I have always felt like I havea  novel or two in me… we’ll see 🙂  :yahoo: (I do the dance emote on here lots as I don’t get to dance much in the real world hehe)

Jo Bryan
    Sarah-Louise Bailey wrote:  Anyway after reading lots of zamazing blogs like Jo’s :heart: I decided to make a place where I could record one good memory a day – and there Life in a Break Down was born as I was basically in a breakdown at the time. These days I still can’t do much but I’m doing as much as I can and LIABD blows my mind a little to the fact people read it :unsure:
    Still amazed that I was one of the blogs that you read, when I look back at those posts like you I am amazed that people bothered.  LIABD is s testament to your strength Sarah, overcoming a debilating illness and doing something good always inspires and makes me humble.

Jo Bryan
    Laura wrote:

I finished uni in 2007 – Had various office type jobs for three months or so at a time, got signed off from stress from each of them. Got a job to work with Orange retail which wasn’t awful but I was also pregnant s othat ended in stress too. Never went back after my son was born. He’s starting school in sept and I should be thinking about work but it scares me a lot. Like Sarah, I have fibro, it wasn’t As bad before I had my son which is why I could work but I am very scared of work now as it’ll destroy me…. so we’ll see what I do. I don’t earn owt from blogging at the mo but it’d be life changing if I could. Also want to get some freelance writing and I have always felt like I havea novel or two in me… we’ll see 🙂 :yahoo: (I do the dance emote on here lots as I don’t get to dance much in the real world hehe)

Hi Laura, good to see you dancing here, I need a singing one. 🙂 Ooh I do hope we get to see a book in print in the future!!  :good:

Profile photo of Ness Gorton
    Ness Gorton
    Participant

Well seeing as I was the start of this I guess I’d better fill in the blanks!!

I’ve been a hairdresser ALL my life, since the age of 11 when I used to wash hair on a Saturday, it’s all I ever wanted to do and being thick at school it was a job I could do without worrying about my exams!!

I’m now mobile, having lost my salon when my marriage broke up, then moved & worked in other salons, but I love the freedom, although the hours can be a pain as a lot is evening work.

Everyone thought I would go into food of some sort as I won and still do win for my food creations.

I started blogging when we first went to Australia so our friends & family could follow us as we went for 9 weeks and we didn’t want them to forget who we were!  😥

Jo Bryan

Now how mobile are you?  😉  I am housebound due to caring for and living with my Granny, I need a good mobile hairdresser. My Mum was a hairdresser also, not that I let her near mine. her cuts were a bit outdated.

Profile photo of Rebecca Smith
    Rebecca Smith
    Participant

I was a sales assistant in the Co Op, rising to part time supervisor. I then took on a bar job alongside that job which became full time after I left the co op. Next I worked at Clintons alongside pub job before leaving the pub then going on maternity leave a few months after. Went back to Clintons before I took voluntary redundancy.

Worked 13 years in beauty retail including Boots and Estee Lauder, with about 8 years in management with them. I grew incredible bored of retail andafter injuring my knee on the shop floor decided it was time for a change. I am now on maternity leave from being a PA/Senior receptionist in a NHS dentist after the birth of my daughter 5 months ago. I am also a stop smoking cessation consultant who spealises in mental health and am training for my pregnancy one, as well as on the committee board for my local NCT chariety. I go back to work on September 2nd for 12 hours a week ;-(

Profile photo of Tracy
    Tracy
    Participant

I have a full time job (I do social media for a financial services company in London) which is very busy, so I have to fit in my blog when I can – I’d love to dedicate more time to it though … maybe one day! Generally I do one or two posts a week and I have recently moved self hosted as I have had a couple of sponsored posts and started engaging with brands. It’s all very exciting but hard to fit it all in as well! Learning a lot from you all.

Profile photo of cheryl pasquier
    cheryl pasquier
    Participant

It’s lovely to learn more about the people behind the blogs I read  :rose:

I’m a teacher – I planned on being a French teacher in England but ended up being an English teacher in France. I started the blog (except blogs didn’t exist back then so it was a website originally  :wacko: ) when I was pregnant with my first child and wanted the family to stay in the loop.

As a student, I had summer jobs working at a holiday camp, a cash & carry and as a volunteer at a playscheme for mentally handicapped kids.

Profile photo of Su Tyler
    Su Tyler
    Participant

I started my working life helping the milkman, then working in various local shops. When I left school I worked in a shoe shop. From there I went on to office work, reprographics officer, key punch operator. Then I had my 2 boys.

When they were growing up I worked in pubs, shops and did market research interviewing.

I eventually joined a bank and was an advisor when telephone banking first took off. I transferred to the IT Service desk despite knowing diddly squat about IT. After 8 years I became a Team Leader / team manager. I loved being a people manager.

I was made redundant 4 years ago and have been looking (on and off) for a job ever since.

Started blogging 3 odd years ago and don’t earn a bean from it, but would like to.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I went back to college and studied to be a Level 3 Teaching Assistant. During the last term of my placement I fell pregnant with my son, I qualified, but suffered a pelvis condition after I had him, which led to back problems, and the rest, as they say, is history! 🙂

Profile photo of Elizabeth Williams
    Elizabeth Williams
    Participant

I’m currently on Maternity leave! I have up until the middle of November off but I’m debating going back earlier. I don’t want to leave my baby though ): I work in a residential home as a senior carer looking after young people who have illnesses or disabilities. I really love my job. I class the people I look after as my family too because everyone is so close. When I was pregnant and still working the residents would look after me lots; always telling me to sit down, making me drinks etc. I am excited to go back but worried at the same time. I don’t really spend any time away from my daughter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.